Printing & Stationery Department is responsible for developing high quality printing facility for all Government Departments on a self sufficient basis and organizing an efficient centralized procurement and distribution system for supply of stationery to Government offices.
The main functions of the department are:
- To supply office stationery articles and papers & different kinds of schedule & non-schedule forms to all state Govt. offices of the entire state through Directorate of Printing & Stationery.
- To print non-schedule forms of offices of the Corporate Bodies, Boards etc. on payment basis.
- To ensure timely printing & publishing of notifications in the Assam Gazette.
- To ensure printing & supply of Govt. Diaries, Calendars, and Engagement pads.
- To ensure printing works of confidential matters like Ballot papers, Budget related documents, Assembly questions etc.
- To register private Printing Presses of the State.
- To deal with various establishment matters of the Directorate of Printing & Stationery, Assam
- To minimize all expenditure in procurement of office stationeries, papers etc.